smile

Live, Laugh, Love

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Highlights of 2008 :)

I just wanted to write down my blessings and favorite memories of 2008. As Frank Sinatra would sing, "it was a very good year." I was able to do a lot of traveling (which is one of my favorite things to do), and then you add on the special people you have to go with, and you know things are going to turn out great. Going to the "Happiest Place on Earth"-- Disneyland-- was a great way to start off 2008!! Then Jill and I boarded a plane in the spring for a fabulous girl's weekend to New York to see Jenny and Abby! Then I headed to the other side of the world to tour Europe, and experience 9 new countries and cultures. It was amazing!! This summer we had our big family reunion to celebrate Grandma's 90th birthday!! And another family reunion to celebrate Grandma and Grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary!! And the year would not be complete without a visit Jenny and Abby and Jake in Arizona during the Fall. Also, receiving a grant for $8000 dollars to purchase almost 30 brand new musical instruments was definitely another highlight, not to mention the opportunity to meet David Cho of the UT Symphony. And then, to end the year by spending Christmas all together as a family was wonderful! And I couldn't leave out the blessings of the restored gospel in my life, and the dear friends that I have, and their goodness and examples in my life. I am excited to see what wonderful things happen in 2009! :)



3 comments:

Criscell said...

What a wonderful post! You had a fabulous 2008!! You deserved every min. of it. Sorry I missed your call tonight. My phone is really acting weird. Right now it is supposedly "dead" and it won't charge for some odd reason! I don't know what to do with it. I will try to call you soon! Take care! Love ya lots!

jenny.hawkes said...

How fun! We sure enjoyed seeing you in NY and in AZ. You sure live your life to the fullest!

Amy said...

I'm glad I found you. The link I had for you obviously wasn't working and I thought perhaps you stopped. Did Jill stop b/c my link to her and mike's page isnt' working any longer either.