smile

Live, Laugh, Love

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Arizona and Abby

Here are some pictures of my new house.















Well, I am having a blast here in Arizona. It's funny... my roommates, and Jenny, and Jake's family are telling me that since I've been here there's been a cold spell, and I should expect temperatures to rise 30 more degrees. I already think it's hot, but I did expect temps to be worse. I have the nicest roommates, and we live in a very cute house. I can't tell you how excited I am to be going to the musical "Wicked" next month!! The show coming here in July, and my roommates and I are going. Yay!! I have always wanted to see it, and even though it was playing for a while in Salt Lake City, I didn't want to pay $300 for a ticket. Did I mention that I'm so excited to see it!! :) We also have plans as roommates to see the new Harry Potter movie next month.

I'm about 10-15 minutes away from Jenny and Abby and Jake, and I love it! Yesterday we spent the evening at Rob and Nancy's house. After dinner, Jake and Ted went off to play a basketball game, so their wives went to cheer them on. I think their team name is so totally random. They are called the 'Frisky Dingos'. Anyway, Nancy and I had fun tending Abby and Anya. They are so cute!! At one point Anya had gone to bed, so Nancy and I were talking in the living room upstairs while watching Abby. I noticed that it was quiet, then Abby came over to me, and she was chewing something. I said, "Abby, what are you eating? Open your mouth for Aunt Kate... let me see what you are eating." She wouldn't open her mouth, so I said "Go show BeNoi (Nancy) what you are eating." Nancy was able to get a finger in her mouth and fish out what she was eating. She smelled it, and said, "It's a dog biscuit." Oh, funny. We read the outside of the box, which stated how healthy these snacks were. It sounded like they were healthier than what we ate for dinnner;) We laughed, and gave Abby a cookie to eat instead.

Yesterday Jenny, Abby and I went to In-N-Out Burger for lunch. Yum! Abby was being so cute. She would imitate anything that I said, and I was getting her to laugh in so many ways, from 'He, he, he' to 'Ho, ho' to 'Whaa-ha-ha.' I am so excited to take her to the park by my house tomorrow. She laughed whenever I said "ooga-booga," and she even said it a couple of times. I said 'somby- comby," and she said "commy, commy." Jen and I had a lot of fun shopping since I've been here. And yesterday we found some cute things on sale at Target. I found a very cute swimsuit, and I am excited to go swimming in the near future. Our neighborhood has two community pools.
I am so happy











1 comment:

jenny.hawkes said...

I'm so glad you're living so close to us!! Abby asks for you often when you're not around.