smile

Live, Laugh, Love

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Party Oct. 30


I had a costume Halloween party at my house last night, and it was really fun.  I totally decked out my apartment in Halloween decor, and everyone that came loved the atmosphere, and asked where I got all the decorations. All I have to say is-- thanks Mom! :)  We made homemade root-beer, which turned out great!  And I made cute halloween cupcakes, and a batch of sugar cookies that we decorated with frosting and chocolate sprinkles.   I did end up with three boxes of pizza left, a pot of root-beer, and many, many cookies that are still waiting to be decorated (I think I will take plates to my visiting teachees).  So we invited people over today for lunch to help eat more of our leftovers, but my roommates and I still have leftovers for the coming week :)

I enjoyed seeing everyone's costumes.  My roommate was a girl scout, and Lon was a Ghostbuster, and Havid was a construction worker.  I was a witch, and I wore a fabulous dress and a witch hat that everyone said looked great.  I am planning on wearing them again tonight at the huge dance party up at Camp Tracy in  Millcreek Canyon.  It has a big hoop skirt, and every time I sat down, I felt like my dress covered most of the couch.  It was funny.  Jared said that we needed to dance, because I needed to be twirled in my fabulous dress, so we did for a little bit, and then he dipped me. 

When Amber, Sara and I made the rootbeer, we used dry ice.  Amber, who was so nice and helpful  to go to the store for me to purchase several last minute food items, including the dry ice, brought back two big slabs of dry ice.  But we weren't sure how to cut it down in size (and we thought, what would we do with extra dry ice?... nothing...) so we just added it a slab to each pot, and it was so cool!  It looked like we had our own fog machine.  The rootbeer was bublling over, and spilling onto the oven, and even getting on the wall, but we couldn't clean it up, because we couldn't see anything from all the fog.  It really was fun!  And, the rootbeer turned out soooo great.  My friends Jared and Graham arrived soon after this event, and they got to enjoy the effect of the dry ice.  They thought that we had bought a fog machine.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the party. This is me with Graham on the left (white trash, complete with a mullet), and Jared on the right, as a BYU jockey.

 

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Very nice decorating - and great costume. Looks like everyone had a great time! Maybe we'll be able to come next year. -Ben

M said...

Looks like lots of fun. I love your costume! You look great! And the dry ice and cobwebs are really cool effects.

Mary said...

Looks like a fabulous party! I Love your costume!!

Criscell said...

What a FUN party!! I LOVE your dress! Where did you get that?! You look great. And that rootbeer/"fog machine" is sooo cool! My friend did that last year and it was so cool. We tried to do it this year, but everyone was out of dry ice on Halloween night.