Every year, the teachers in our Elementary Music Program help put together a District Honors Band, which is comprised of the best sixth grade musicians in our District. The kids really enjoy being a part of it. We have rehearsals every week for a month or so, leading up to a big concert. This past week was our concert, and it went extremely well! The kids really sounded good! They pulled it together :) And the auditorium was filled with parents and families. After wards, one of the parents stood up, and with tears in her eyes expressed her gratitude for the elementary music program, and for all of the hard work and effort of us music teachers. She was so sweet, and put together a darling, and rather large bouquet of candy bars for all six of us music teachers-- with thank you's and clever sayings hanging off each candy bar. It is so cute, and such a thoughtful gesture.
I was able to conduct one of the songs that was a medley of Patriotic songs. After the concert, a Grandpa approached me, and with tears in his eyes, he said that he cried through that entire song, because it meant so much to him, and the kids played it so well. He was in the military, and he thanked me for all I had done to help the kids sound so good. That made my night! It was a moment of joy for me, where I could see how my love and passion for music, and sharing it impacts others. I felt so appreciated and H-A-P-P-Y! Earlier that evening, I taught a flute lesson that went really well. After wards, I was talking to her parent, and Chelsay came over and said, "Here you go!" as she handed me a little gift bag with popcorn and gum. It was really cute. I asked her what it was for, and she wished me a Happy Valentine's Day. That was such a great day! I could really feel the love :)
Baby R!
8 years ago






4 comments:
That was a great post - thanks for sharing!
I wish I could have heard you the music. That would have been cool. So glad it went so well for you!
love the bouquet...i need to hint to Ben that i want one of those :)
Way to go, you awesome music teacher, you!!
Post a Comment