smile

Live, Laugh, Love

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Appreciation Week

I have had nine concerts this Spring season, which has been a great way to wrap up the year (and my job :-)  and say good bye to my students, school secretaries, and principals.  I have felt very loved and appreciated.  At my final concert at Rosecrest, one of my absolute favorite schools, my principal presented my coworker and I each with a HUGE bouquet of flowers in appreciation for our hard work as music teachers at their school.  I have taught music there for four years!  Our principal was holding back tears as she told the audience how much she appreciated us.  I had to hold back some tears at one point.  I was so touched.  I have such great relationships with the secretaries, principal, and custodian there :)  It's nice to feel loved and appreciated.  I thanked them for being so great to work with!   

A few of my students have also presented me with some thank you gifts in the past two weeks.  Two sixth grade boys even!  I think that is so sweet.  Here are some pictures of the thoughtful things my students have given to me.   What wonderful students I have had!!  Here is that gorgeous bouquet of flowers.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

that is so sweet! beautiful flowers