
Abby and Jenny came up to UT this past week, and we had a great time playing with Abby, eating yummy food, going shopping, etc... I think Abby is going to be a great little musician when she grows up! She likes to sing and dance, and when we went on an outing to the Discovery center at the Gateway Mall, she really liked playing with the mallet percussion instruments that were provided for the kids to play with. I am so impressed how she is able to feel a beat whenever music is played. When I was playing the piano at home, Abby came in the room, and wanted to play, so I picked her up, and she sat on my lap, and "played the piano" for a while. It was really cute!!
This picture probably looks like Abby going down the slide, but it wasn't very slick, and cute little Abby got stuck before the ride ended.

Our budding musician. Abby can make a buzzing sound with her lips even better than some of my music students in elementary school who are learning to play a brass instrument!

This year was a good Valentine's day. Jenny and I decided to make "chicken curry in a hurry," and it turned out great! I got the recipe at a RS enrichment this past month, where we were given recipes that were healthy, and yummy. I love it when I find great recipes that taste good, and are easy to make. Have you ever heard of making brownies using prunes? I hadn't, and I decided to eat one at our activity. I know that it doesn't really sound that great, but they weren't that bad, more like the texture of cake, with fewer calories. Although, I'll probably stick to baking the double chocolate fudge kind of brownies that are always a winner. When it comes to chocolate, especially after having experienced the most amazing chocolate over in Europe, my taste buds crave the very best!!
4 comments:
Cute pictures Katie! That curry sounds good. I wish we could have been there while everyone was around. Can't wait for the summer!
When I first looked at your post, all I saw was you with your sister Jenny and I thought, "Did Katie come to AZ and I didn't know about it??!" Sounds like you had a great time with her. Her little girl is soooo cute! How are you doing these days?
Cute, cute, cute!! Thanks!
You take a great picture kate! I love the one where Abby is stuck - hilarious!
Post a Comment