I had a wonderful day today. I met Criscell and Wendy at the Mesa Temple this morning. We did Baptisms. It was so neat to start off the day there, and participate in a Temple that I have never been in before. The Mesa Temple is beautiful! I loved the murals in the Baptistry. Then Criscell and I went to the Distribution Center, and Deseret Book, since they were all located right around the Temple. I saw some beautiful pictures of the Temple by a photographer named John Raymond who takes antique pictures of temples and puts them in antique frames. Two of my friends have a picture of the temple by him. They are beautiful. I decided not to get one, and try taking some pictures of my own with Jill. And, I think that I should use that money to do ncie things for other people. Therein lies the spirit of the Temple. And I'm so excited!!!
Then I stopped by Jen's house on the way home, and we had a very nice afternoon. I will miss being able to stop by for visits, and just hang out whenever. Jenny introduced me to Rubio's soft tacos for lunch, and they were very good. Thanks Jen! It was fun to play with Abby. We sang songs like "Popcorn Popping," and "I'm a Little Tea Pot." She said "gain!" So we sang them several times, and she liked doing the actions (the handle and the spout) with me. And we watched Ice Age together. It has meant a lot to be so close to my sister this summer. I will miss them when I go home to Utah the end of this month. My good friend Wendy is coming with me for the drive home. She is so sweet. We went to Harry Potter this week, which was fun, and afterwards we went to the Gammage Theater up at ASU to see if we could win two tickets for front row seats to Wicked. We didn't win, but we made a memory standing in the hot sun with 100 people hoping to win, and running into friends from the ward.
I've been thinking about the fun things to look forward to, knowing I have to go back, like my cruise to Alaska, a new apartment, new people to meet, new school year, family and friends to see again...
Last night I drove down to Scottsdale to Paradise Community College to meet Criscell and hear her flute choir rehearse. It was so much fun!! The original plan was for me to bring my flute and play along, which really would have been a blast, but I ended up not going home as planned, so I didn't bring my flute after all. But I enjoyed sitting by Criscell, and following the music, and hearing the absolutely beautiful songs played by talented musicians. It was so awesome, and has totally inspired me to call up the U of U and join one of their flute choirs. I would love to play in a group again. Thanks for the invite Criscell!! Afterwards, we went out to eat at Village Inn, and had a really nice visit. Just like old times, when we were in college. What a blessing it is to be surrounded by good friends and family. I am truly blessed.
Criscell and I played the flute together in college. We got together earlier this week, and played through Taffanel (it covers every aspect of your flute playing and finger dexterity - i.e. scales). We also played flute duets together. Several were from a book called the Seven Canonic Duets by Telemann, which was fun!! Then we ended by playing the same duet we performed together at my Senior Recital in 2005. It is a beautiful duet from the Romantic Period by Doppler. I had so much fun!!! I sure enjoyed playing with a great flutist again!! Criscell is so crafty, and showed me how to sew a darling crayon holder for Jen and Abby out of some nice fabric, with a little pocket, and seams half-way up from the bottom to hold the crayons. I actually sewed something!!! And it turned out so cute!!! You can roll it up, and tie it together with a ribbon. Criscell also showed me how to make my own decorative tile with vinyl lettering. It was so easy, and fun to do. And really cheap too!! Thanks for the fun times and memories!!
Baby R!
8 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment