smile

Live, Laugh, Love

Monday, July 20, 2009

Quite the Monsoon Storm!

So last night Jen and Jake invited me, Omnoi, and some of their friends over for dinner (She made the most amazing pot roast and potatoes). We had a great time. After Matt, Mimi, and Andrew left, I stayed and hung out for a while. We did the dishes, and I talked to family on the phone. Well, in the meantime a HUGE monsoon storm picked up. I'm telling you, I have never experienced any storm like this before. We looked out the window, and it seriously looked like a hurricane. The winds were blowing at rapid speeds, and it was just pouring rain, and there was non-stop thunder and flashes of lightning. Jake went out to move his car closer in the driveway, and came in drenched. Jenny and I decided that I was not going to drive home in that kind of weather! So, I stayed the night. Jenny made up a nice bed on the floor for me, and she even had a new toothbrush I could use. They are so good to me. And I slept soundly. It was relaxing at their house. It was so quiet, and cooler than my house, and the room was dark. We even took a nap this morning after breakfast after Abby went down! I probably got more sleep at their house than I would have at mine :) And we enjoyed eating the leftovers for lunch from last night. It made a fun memory.

No comments: