Yep, March Madness alright. Here are some things that have been driving me crazy at work this month.
1- Leaving a little later than planned this morning to get to work when I walked out to my car and saw a THICK coating of frost covering every single window. I had to scrape each spot at least three times to be able to see out the window. This month has crazy weather- freezing in the mornings, and then I find myself using the A/C in the afternoon. Good news: I have the parking spot this week, so the frost shouldn't be a problem the rest of the week! :)
2- Dealing with multiple numbers of students who want to quit Band- for various reasons (four at one school in the past two weeks!) And making lots of parent phone calls- some great, some not so great.
3- Completing 300 student's grades the first weekend in March, printing them all out, and giving them to all their classroom teachers, and then having to reprint 10-15 student's grades AGAIN for the students whose grades were lost in a vortex somewhere. Not to mention the handful of students who lost their music, and didn't bother to tell me till a week later. Guess I know who hasn't been practicing their concert pieces, huh?
4- Not knowing whether or not our district will keep our music program for next year with the budget cuts. I wish they would just decide once and for all to keep elementary music, or get rid of it, rather than make us wonder near the end of every year as to what is going to happen with our jobs.... Although I do have the faith that I will taken care of, and things will work out for the best :)
On a more positive note/ highlights of the month:
* Bonfire up the canyon with tin-foil dinners under the stars. Delicious!
* Playing "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" on my flute in church
* LOVE the songs we are playing in SLSW
* Running a mile (literally) downtown this weekend with Hyrum from the Salt Palace to the Planetarium at the Gateway to make it on time to our ward date night. We made it! Maybe running isn't so bad!
* Finding real leather shoes at Dillards for 70-80% off!
* St Patrick's Day Potluck this week --- if it's green and edible, it will be there ;)






2 comments:
St. Patrick's day potluck sounds fun! I always had the green eggs and ham with green milk-- gotta love St. Patrick's day
I'm so sorry about your job, Katie. How frustrating! I hope things work out for the best. I'm glad you survived getting all those grades done!
Post a Comment