Well, it is soooo nice to have six days of Spring Break. How am I going to spend it? Well, this morning I went to the Salt Lake Temple with my good friend Stephanie. What better thing could you over Spring Break? I think it's ironic that it's snowing today, and probably tomorrow. But, Spring is definitely around the corner!! I had a great time today. Steph and I treated ourselves at Gourmandies Bakery in downtown salt lake. I ate some amazing French Onion soup, and some kind of quiche that is greek that I don't remember the name, or the correct pronunciation. But it was really yummy, and there is no way you can visit that restaurant without eating one of their desserts. It is mouthwatering just looking through the glass at their delectable choices. So I decided to try the Croissant Bread Pudding.. definitely a winner. I hadn't been there in a while, but I have never been disappointed with anything I have tried there before. You can never go wrong when you make plans that involve good food. That is one of my favorite things to do... try new food, and visit new places. If I can't go to a new place, I think that eating ethnic food, or going to a performance can take you away, and that is the next best thing.
Last night was my SLSW performance at the Rose Wagner Hall. What an amazing facility! I had a blast playing my flute, and it was also fun to hear the USU Wind Ensemble perform. They were really good. Performing in that hall brought back a flood of memories of experiences I had performing in similar concert halls in college and across the country on music tours. Good times!
Here we are after the concert. It was a great night. I love the songs that our director chooses. The last song was my favorite. It was called "The Kings Go Forth." The USU Brass players joined us in playing this, and there was a section that involved an amazing battle of the drums. It means sooo much that my Dad, Mom, Grandma, and Hyrum came to support me :) My family left before I remembered I brought my camera.
Tomorrow I am headed to Island Park with Hyrum and friends to visit Yellowstone. I am way excited! Stay tuned for pictures :) :)
Baby R!
8 years ago






2 comments:
Spanakopita. Thanks for a great time together today :)
Wish I could have come!
Post a Comment