smile

Live, Laugh, Love

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My 27th Birthday!

I had a special birthday!  It was wonderful having Jenny and Abby here to celebrate :)  Here are some of the highlights of my birthday:

1) Waking up to a phone call from Hyrum wishing me HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and then being completely surprised when he asked me when I would like to come over to his place for BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST!  He went all out for me.  It was delicious!  If I had a camera, I would have taken a picture of it : )  He made me breakfast burritos filled with potatoes, eggs, sausage, avocados, cheese.. the works!  And we had juice and orange rolls.  What a sweet surprise! It was so good!

2)  Getting phone calls from my family throughout the day; some even singing me birthday songs- loved it!

3)  I LOVED that my special day was on a Friday (a.k.a. a half day of school), so around noon I went up to Bountiful and pampered myself by getting my hair cut and styled.  And I LOVED spending time with my FAMILY.  It was GREAT seeing Jenny and Abby (it was sooo cute to hear Abby say "Happy Birthday Kate!")  And they were so sweet to give me a really awesome journal with this AMAZING quote on the front, and also take me out to lunch at Paradise Bakery, and then we went SHOPPING!  (Yes, it was a fun and successful outing.  I found some really cute shirts).

4) Going on a DATE with HYRUM.  When I answered the door, he surprised me with ROSES!!  What a great guy :)  He said that we were going to PARK CITY, but on the way there we found out there was a bad accident on the freeway in Parleys Canyon, so he took me to Red Robin for dinner, and we watched a movie on the big screen TV in his apartment instead.  We had a blast!  I love SURPRISES, and he was so thoughtful and surprised me throughout the day :)


4)  A PARTY with my FAMILY the weekend of my birthday.  Jenny cooked an AMAZING birthday dinner which included Grandpa's famous lasagna, berry salad, garlic bread, JELLO and my favorite... a homemade SPICE cake!  It was so delicious.  Thank you sooo much!  I have the most WONDERFUL family!  I just love 'em!

Abby borrowed my headband.  I think that is such a cute picture  


5) Movie with Jill.  Thanks for treating me cute sis!!!  We are going to see "How to Train a Dragon" tomorrow.  Should be so fun!!

1 comment:

SRA said...

A great weekend...you totally deserved it! :D