smile

Live, Laugh, Love

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The big day!

Well, this is the big day, where the School Board is going to decide if they are going to keep our music program for next year. I anticipate that it will be another long meeting, and, of course, our music program is on the very end of the agenda. The last meeting was several weeks ago, and 4-1/2 hours long! And we had so much parent support, but they all left before 11pm when our issue was finally brought to the forefront. I sure hope this one is shorter, although I am grateful that we are finding out today! And we are hoping for the best! Apparently the Board has received more positive feedback on the elementary music program over any other issue ever before. Yay!! But I have applied for other music positions to look ahead just in case. Wish us luck! My friend Jamie and I (we work together) will be going to the meeting together, but beforehand, in honor of Teacher Appreciation Day, we get a free dinner from Chipotle Grill. That makes me happy! And we decided to watch American Idol before the long anticipation of the Board Meeting. There is always a silver lining, isn't there?

2 comments:

Ben Greenfield said...

Good luck! You are actually in the meeting right now I think, so I hope it's going well!

SRA said...

Oooo...it's almost 9:30...wonder if you're still at the meeting...*fingers crossed*...